Jack Hammer, original owner, in the 1950's
Originally founded in the 1950s by Jack Hammer as Hammer Construction and Dozer Service, the company changed course and owners in 1988. Jack Hammer, who was struggling with serious health issues and in the midst of a lagging energy economy, decided to retire and shut down the small operation. However, his daughter Shirley stepped in to follow in her father's footsteps to preserve the legacy and run the family business.
In July 1988, Shirley set out, with little working capital, to rebuild the business. Historically, the company has provided heavy equipment to construct roads, pits, pad sites for drilling rigs, roustabout labor for installation, maintenance, and support of production equipment, and expertise for pipeline and compression maintenance. The company moved from Elmore City to Lindsay and reorganized as Hammer Construction, Inc. in January 1990.
Under the direction and leadership of Shirley Hammer, the company has flourished from seven employees in 1988 to over 200 by 2008. The corporate headquarters were moved to Norman in 2004. Additional services were added through these years to add diversity to Hammer's offerings. The largest expansion and diversity effort involved the addition of commercial site and utility construction work. By 2016, Hammer's commercial work comprised of almost half of the overall company sales. In late 2016, Robby Moore was named President and future successor, continuing on the family legacy for Hammer Construction.
Hammer Construction is proud to be affiliated with the following companies.